Thursday, April 11, 2013

Kwaicore > Kaffir


The word Kaffir is derived from the Arabic word “Kafir” which means a non-believer or ‘one who conceals the truth’. The Portuguese picked up the word trading with Arabic countries and first used it in South Africa upon encountering unknown tribes, misunderstanding the meaning. Later Europeans like the Dutch and British continued the use of it in South Africa, which eventually led to its racial insinuation as the apartheid regime grew power. The word is an extremely sensitive word today among black people because of the way it was used to demoralise black people. Today just saying the word in conversation will get you in trouble with most people referring to it as ‘the “K” word.’ In the USA the racial slur for a black person was “Nigger”. Which has in some minuscule way, lost its racial effect because of the use of it in Hip Hop.
Now I’m not saying that in an ideal South Africa black people should start calling each other kaffirs, NAH I mean it would be best if people forget the word ever existed and completely discontinue the use of it. So I have come up with the plan of making the new “K” word “Kwaicore.” Obviously if you use your logic I’m not referring to racially abusing a black person with Kwaicore! I’m saying that when people say “the K word”, Kwaicore should come to mind. With Kwaicore being this new music genre that typifies the new South Africa. The genre that brings everyone together and makes them jam like never before.

So don’t let me stand alone like Steven Glandsburg and Fight for a new South Africa.
Stand with me, my Coolies, my Honkies, my Bushies and my Niggas and lets bury that stupid word.
TOGETHER LET’S MAKE THE NEW “K” WORD, KWAICORE!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment